10 March 2010

I'm Moving to Mexico ... or Austin


I am drooling over this photo of a breakfast taco served up in Austin, TX in today's New York Times. Honestly, I would give my baby toe for a delicious warm taco with mashed russet potatoes and jalapeños, with messy scrambled eggs and a little bit of chorizo thrown in there.

I chose the wrong Spanish-speaking country.

However, tonight I am going to cook a delicious Indian feast for some of our closest friends. Chicken curry with a cashew sauce, mixed veg curry, potatoes in a delicious yogurt sauce ... I will be going overboard and loving every minute of it. Already set the table, just need to get the flowers at the train station (5 pesos for that beautiful purple bouquet I posted up last week, how divine is that?) & to start chopping, pureéing, and simmering. I will be a giant curry mess and I love every minute of it.

Random note: Last night we finally watched "Twilight" (I say "finally" because I read all of the books last Fall and have to admit that I was totally sucked in and was not ashamed). Kristen Stewart could NOT be a worse actress. Lighten up lady!! She's like a miserable little growling creature who bites her lip instead of conveying actual emotion. I know my opinion doesn't mean much, and she's happily pouting all the way to the bank, but I would love to know how she managed to get where she is. Moving on.

Off to the market, pray that cilantro is easy to find.

No comments: