24 July 2010

The Four Seasons


I have so many fond memories of classical music and my childhood. I had this little cassette tape with Vivaldi's Four Seasons that I listened to most nights before I went to sleep, and if my sister and I weren't listening to the Beatles, we were listening to classical (thank you D&D).

Anyway, as I do some channel surfing on this lovely Saturday morning, I stumbled upon the Film & Arts channel. Normally I skip over it on my way to the History Channel and the low-brow but still entertaining TruTV (let's be honest, who doesn't get a kick out of Cops?), but upon hearing the familiar harmonies of Vivaldi I had to watch a little more. It turns out that there was this international classical music conference in Buenos Aires during the first 3 weeks of this month! I am so sad I missed it but I found the website which makes me happy.

No comments: