21 July 2010

Paige and Accounting Don't Mix

Our accountant has been here since 9 AM and I am about to scream and throw myself on the floor in a tantrum. He makes me look at Excel and do formulas and confirm payments and cents and decimal places and make copies of every invoice I have ever seen in my life and then he yells at me for having done things wrong at the beginning. I feel bad for him because I am probably his worst nightmare so I can't blame him for thinking that I am a total idiot.

At one point I was so frustrated I just said, "Listen, I know that all of that stuff was wrong, but NO ONE TRAINED ME AND NO ONE GAVE ME ANY HELP AND I HAD TO MAKE IT UP AS I WENT ALONG OK???" I was probably mid-breakdown at this point. It's fine.

Anyway, I brought him bread and instant coffee and I am OK with the fact that he probably just takes extreme pity on me. And you know what? That's fine. I never claimed to be a CPA in hiding. Nor do I want to be. But I do know that I am probably way more fun than he is (Sorry, he actually might be a cool person but for purposes known only to moi I am assuming he's a complete dolt.)

My lack of sleep + mild hangover might have something to do with my level of irritability today. Tonight I will be unconscious on the couch, watching old re-runs of COPS and petting the fake poodle.

No comments: