Where did the week go? Was meaning to post but have been caught up doing lots of other random bits (making good use of the kitchen in an attempt to be domestic, trying to control my newfound obsession with twitter, watching episodes of a (new?) reality show on E! called Bridalplasty).
Today we have a nice cloudy sky and therefore no rush to leave the house. Yesterday was pretty productive, with my first trip to the gym since being back. It felt good to get sweaty in the company of well-coiffed gay men. Yes, you read that right. Then it was off to Palermo for what we hoped would be a nice sunny stroll and a stopoff at a corner cafe for a bite to eat.
We got a late start, I will admit. It was around 4 PM when we left the house ... But dear LORD. We drove around for at least 15 minutes looking for a place to park. It was insane. Worse than I had ever seen it before. My hunger-induced crankiness made things even worse. I was also bummed because I love walking around Palermo Viejo and checking out the shops and seeing what I won't be buying because it's all incredibly overpriced anyway thanks to inflation. Defeated, we almost went home, but smartly skipped over Juan B. Justo to Palermo Hollywood to find something to eat. We ended up at Punta Brasas, a place I'd never been before but ended up being quite delicious. In the spirit of our normal Saturday luncheon tradition, José and I cracked open a nice bottle of red and proceeded to get absolutely batty. We came home and were so unable to move (maybe it was the chocolate volcano dessert that had something to do with it ... or the fried brie appetizer ... right) that we emerged from semi-consciousness way past regular dinnertime and decided to cut our losses and stay in.
It's actually not as lame as it sounds. Really, I swear. I also watched "Ghost" for the first time in its entirety and was depressed for the rest of the evening. The hits keep on coming ...
Lots to do this week: Meeting with the priest down here to do whatever you're supposed to do before being allowed to get married in the Episcopal church. Definitely need a haircut. The humidity here is what gives it the spectacular pouf / fuzz that had merrily disappeared when I was in the US. Now I remember why I wear my hair up on top of my head nearly every day here... otherwise it takes on a life of its own. We're making good headway in planning the honeymoon logistics. Just need to pick a fab hotel in Barcelona and then figure out Portugal and we'll be home free. I cannot wait! The wedding is 2 months away .... lfsfjslfjsd
I also really want a tortoise. Or a dog. Mostly a dog. I would love to have a companion join me in life's adventures and to jump up and lick my face in the morning. Then I can bring her home and she can meet Bella and it will be internationally fabulous.
meh. This post wasn't as cohesive as I had planned in my head. More later after the green tea has kicked in.
03 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment