We had massive rain & wind last night. I was up worrying about my plants (normal) but luckily they are OK.
Yesterday was an insanely successful retail therapy day. Since being back I've told myself that I will avoid impulse buys given that things are so expensive now, and given that I'll be back in the US so soon there is really not much need to buy things here that I can also get at home. So I caved. A little. I'm convinced that the shoes I bought can't be found in the US so whatever. It's fine. José was playing cards with his friends so I escaped the house and pranced over to Paseo Alcorta for some shopping with friends. It's been aaaaaaages since I've strolled around a mall, unhurried, with anyone that isn't either my mom, José or just moi. It was really nice! Anyway I picked up these amazing leopard loafers that have a little patent tassel on them. They're perfection. They were the last pair too. Or at least that's what the salesgirl told me to convince me to buy them. Easy tactic. It worked. Done.
After some drinks at the BA Design (to celebrate such a successful day, of course) we had dinner at this incredible little spot called Dadá right in Retiro. Once you cross Plaza San Martín toward downtown things get weird. The Marriott is right there but there are tons of little odd spots and bars that populate the otherwise deserted streets. I'd heard tons of stuff about Dadá but we'd never been -- I'm glad we did! It reminded me so much of a little place in the East Village. It was unpretentious (we celebrated that the menu wasn't 5 pages long) and original without having to conform to the oooooooverdone (x 1000) "trendy" places you see in Palermo these days. We showed up around 11 and it was packed! Granted it's a tiny little smidge of a restaurant but I loved that it was bursting at the seams. José and I shared an amazing prawn risotto, complete with full on prawn brains .... Good times. The bar was populated with some strange characters, but in the most perfect way. The place really lives up to its name in that sense!
Now we're off to a birthday asado and then meeting up with Josey's brother who has just arrived in from Mexico. I'm also looking on lovingly at my hot peppers .... One is seriously juicy and is going to pack a punch. I'm wondering why only one half of the plant is making fruit right now but maybe the other half will kick into gear in a couple of weeks. I LOVE PLANTS!
In one month I will be in DC for pre-wedding festivities .... wtf ?!
17 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment