09 April 2011

Rooftop Garden

I LOVE my rooftop terrace/garden/place where I shamelessly tan on hot January days. Today I moved some of the trees around to satisfy my need to change things on a constant basis without actually having to make a trip to Jumbo and spending more money than I should. My succulents are literally insane. I think they're on growth hormone. I feel like I'm a little tropical oasis when I look at them. I have to post pictures, I know, because clearly my verbal description skills aren't quite up to snuff.


I have a miniature cactus family here inside the living room but I really dream of making the smaller patio off the dressing room into a wannabe desert (see above for obvious pipe dream). Not sure why, but I think it would make me feel like I'm in Arizona. I haven't even been to Arizona. Whatever.



I also want to have a gigantic philodendron. Now it's not like we have a lush backyard garden with an infinity plunge pool (which is how I envision my life with my newly acquired philodendron), but I still think it would add some nice visual interest to our urban abode and make me feel fabulous. Plants tend to have that effect on me. Don't judge.

No comments: