31 August 2010

Bon Voyage

I'm 24+ hours away from my trip home ... Hooray! There is so much to do, like pack for a month full of festivities and different parties. I also have to pick up some presents and run around town, the usual errands one must run before flying 5,000 miles away (yikes). Just my luck, the Santa Rosa storm reared her ugly head today. Every year around this time (the 30 of August to be exact) the Southern Hemisphere is faced with this huge storm of heavy rains and strong winds due to the meeting of warm and cold fronts as the seasons begin to change. Today is perfectly cozy and wonderful in that sense, but not when I have 10 things to cross off my To Do list. It makes me feel less guilty about taking a taxi home, however, since I make sure to walk as much as possible when the weather is nice.

I cannot wait to be poolside and soak up some sun. This ghostly pale look I am sporting is not ok and I refuse to be photographed in my cousin's wedding with such a pasty face. Although Deb has been saying that there are 3 hurricanes headed for the East coast this weekend? Is that even possible? I hope not ... If anything (or anyone) tries to interfere with my sun routine I will be upset. Even more fun than getting tan - Wedding dress shopping!!!! I am so excited to try on dresses. Kind of nervous (not sure why) but I think it will be so fun to finally start looking for something for the big day. It's been a long time (relatively) since we've been engaged and I am so anxious to get the wheels in motion.

While opening a piece of chocolate I temporarily blinded myself in one eye. Those wrappers are really sharp! I do not recommend opening while walking around the house with a mug of steaming hot tea in the other hand.

I think that's it. Still in need of some nude heels ... gotta start trolling Zappos and other shoe meccas.

No comments: