I snagged that puppy off of Once Wed (another fab wedding blog that features amazingly creative and unique weddings) and am waiting for an invitation to a similar party ... Starting, now. Any takers?I hurt my knee again after that stupid sub-zero race last week and after a long run yesterday it's acting up again. The tv room couch has a permanent butt imprint of mine since I spend a lot of time here now with frozen veg on my leg. It is kind of nice, I guess. I'll do anything to avoid the words "Necessary cortisone injection" being spoken in my presence.
Also we had a nice dinner at the house on Saturday night. The power went out right after everything was done, so we all sat around eating in the dark with just a few candles and it was really nice! I also got out of having to wash the dishes since the water pump doesn't work when the power is out. It takes a lot to get that water flowing up to the 13th/14th floors! It wasn't all great though because I had to throw away some stuff that I didn't think would keep in the fridge (we had no idea how long we'd be without power), so my guac (of all things, I threw away guacamole. I should have just eaten it with a spoon before bed) had to get thrown out. Then, thanks to my Diet Coke tweak session I was up reading the new ELLE in bed with a headlamp - Thank God Josey is a nature man ! He always has handy tools around the house.
Redmere is home in DC for a slew of friends' weddings and I wish I were there. They even got to scout out bridesmaids and wedding dresses today!! I was envious because I am so excited to start doing that - since getting engaged in April I haven't had the luxury of doing any fun dress shopping since I didn't really think it would be "worth it" here in BA. Dumb. I should have done it anyway, but then Deb made me feel bad since I don't want to "try on my first wedding dress without Mother of the Bride!" - well spoken words from a Madre who knows how to make her kids feel guilty (in the good way. Love you Deb.)
So much has happened since I was last in DC - Doug is on track with Rosetta Stone (holler back, cannot wait to have parents who really speak Spanish!) and even got a laptop (this is a big step for someone who has never once used the family computer since I can remember) to help make his Spanish lessons easier. He even has a gmail account! Hello 2010. Faboosh. These are big technological developments in the famiglia. Now Deb wants a laptop even though she can barely handle the iMac in the kitchen! I kid. We love her, even though copy/paste can still be a challenge. Apparently all of us are now Mac peeps which makes me happy because I imagine us with our titanium little machines humming away as we do things simultaneously when I am next home!
I'm watching a show on Nazis on the Discovery channel and I always forget how many of them came to Argentina to escape. Perón charged them a pretty penny for asylum - we all win! The Nazi soldiers enjoy relative privacy and anonymity, and Perón quietly amasses a large fortune based on the post-war spoils of racist hush money! Cheers. (Edit: I realized that this might not have the degree of sarcasm that was intended when I wrote this post. Clearly I'm not a fan of the Nazis who ran away to South America after WWII!)
I think that's all for now - Off to look for frozen green beans and hope José can come up with something for dinner tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment