Today at the gym, a girl walked in wearing the same ever-present Nike shorts as I had on. Slight wardrobe variation: she was wearing black tights, the two-toed Nike amphibious-looking Mary Jane sandals, and a t-shirt that looked more Urban Outfitters than Sports Authority. To each her own...
Walking back from the gym (same day), I got several stares and comments from passersby: "Aren't you freezing?" "Crazy girl! It's so cold out! Why is she in shorts?" - It was about 60 degrees. Everyone else was bundled up and I was in my gym clothes, with a little jacket.
I am convinced that the pigeons here are out to get me. They only swoop to attack me, they only completely terrify and paralyze me, and they only seem to bother me. Sigh. The last thing I want is to be the target of an angry, obese army of urban pigeons. The thought makes me shudder.
The other day I made a delicious homemade raita (the yogurt sauce used in Indian cuisine to temper hot dishes). Not that it's super difficult or anything. But I was proud of my mini-effort to chop, dice and blend basic ingredients using one bowl and one spoon. Small victories, folks.
I've been pretty bored without a friend in the house to keep me company/to listen to my ramblings. José is really good about that. It's not as much fun talking to my plants (a former hobby of mine).
Proof that the runner's high exists: After working out, I went to pick up the fabric that was supposedly ready (for recovering the dining room chairs). Bernardo told me that it hadn't arrived and they were hopeful that tomorrow it would be straightened out. I've never been one to yell at salespeople or anything, but I would have maybe copped a little 'tude (unfairly), making some comment about how it's impossible to get anything done on time here. Instead, I just smiled and said (in a very bubbly tone) that it was no problem and that I will be sure to call him tomorrow to make sure everything is OK. The only thing to explain my random outburst of super-joy is that I had just been on a run. Blast.
That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment