07 August 2010

Sunshine & Saturday

On Thursday we went to see the Argentine version of Neil Simon's "Sunshine Boys" (here called "Los Reyes de la Risa") and I really liked it! It was fun to see the irony of these two old, famous comedians whose lives have both turned so sour and left them bitter and rather humorless. A few years back, I saw another Neil Simon show here - "Sweet Charity." Neil's pretty popular here in BA.

So it's Saturday and I guess that doesn't make much of a difference to me now, only that it means I am closer to being home in DC! Hooray! I already have a list of wedding dresses that I want to try on once I'm back (sad but true) and am so excited to eat Indian (obviously), play with Bella (duh), watch classic Bravo programming and just cherish being home to plan the wedding! José is coming a bit later which will also be fun, and I cannot wait for my cousin Brooke's nuptials either - ahh so fun and so exciting. I do need to get my hands on a pair of gold heels, however ... I have a pair that I wore a couple of years ago but they're not the world's most comfortable. Ideas? Help?

What else? We slept in super late today which felt really good. It's funny how 10:15 is late to me - Sometimes I can't comprehend how people can sleep until 1 or 2 in the afternoon (unless you're bedridden and ill). I always feel dirty when I wake up that late, like I wasted the whole day or something.

I found this fun Etsy shop that I think some of you will like - Tipple and Snack must be after my own heart. A longtime collector and prop producer, the shop owner has the most insane variety of fabulous trinkets and objects for the home. Perhaps I can register at Tipple & Snack for the wedding? Hmm.... that and for a nice shiny pair of Louboutins. Thank you very much.

Living on the 13th floor of an apartment is annoying when you want to buy new furniture, because it involves dangling things by a rope out the window and down the length of the building - too much bother for me. Therefore I think I will just play with fabric and see what I can't recover. I am annoyed that the dining room chairs and the living room chairs are done in the same fabric. ANNOYED. This was not my doing and I would like to make that clear. Hmph.

Ok that's all for now.

No comments: