Today is a holiday so it's kind of like Sunday. Even though Sunday doesn't mean much since every day is a weekend for me. Yesterday was busy with lots of fun festive gatherings - went out to Valle Claro for an asado which was delicious and meaty. Then after a brief interlude I was cooking up a storm in the kitchen preparing for a night of curry with my Anglo friends (well one true Anglo and another quasi! but equally fabulous) and José. Luckily I've made the dishes so many times that by now it doesn't involve too much catastrophe and it was a really fun evening. Too much wine though, as today was a bit rough and tumble in the AM. I haven't been too productive and I feel bad about that, but only slightly.
Tomorrow I'll be back on the saddle and get back to the gym, call the upholsterer, order fabric, etc. which will keep me busy and out of trouble. How is it already mid-August? What is going on? Don't you remember being young and the days seemed eternal? And bed time was never a welcome event but something you fought against as you blinked the sleep out of your eyes? Now I wish I could sleep 12 hours a night. It would feel so good and be so luxurious!
Our cleaning lady was supposed to come today, but she reminded us that it's a holiday so she wouldn't be stopping by to save me from the kitchen mess that I abandoned last night. Not fun with a hangover. We did it in stages and now it's all nice and clean, smelling of grapefruit & ginger thanks to my fabulous cleaning spray that Deb got me when I first moved into my own apartment. It gets all of the grease off of everything but leaves the house smelling amazing instead of like a janitor's convention. It always feels good to spruce things up a bit.
I think I will try to find the Salvation Army in BA and plan an excursion there - I could use a creative starting point to find new things for the house that aren't guaranteed to cost an arm and a leg. If only I can convince José to join me on such a quest ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment